Hancock Co., Miss. July 17, 2020 – The 2nd Annual Parade of Homes is a mere 24 hours away! If you’re planning to attend this year’s event, there are some key information points you should know. Read on for 5 pro tips to know before you go!
1. Our #1 Priority is Keeping Everyone Safe and Healthy.
The Parade of Homes will be fully compliant with the National Association of Realtors guidelines for home showings and open houses. Rules will be posted at the entrance of each home as a reminder, but here is what we are asking:
- Everyone must wear a mask.
- Everyone must sanitize their hands upon entering and exiting each home.
- Groups must stay 6’ apart.
- Avoid shaking hands and touching surfaces where it’s not necessary.
- Restrooms will be open for viewing, but closed for use at every home on the tour.
We know it’s strict, but we have to be EXTRA careful when dealing with private residences. Bear in mind, we will literally be guests in these homes during the tour.
2. Not Sure Where to Start? Come to Information Central at the Hancock County Visitors Center.
The Hancock County Visitors Center is located at 1928 Depot Way in Bay St. Louis, and will have a team of realtors there from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. to help you get your bearings and get started on the tour. They will be handing out guides, maps, corrections sheets and more!
3. Need Help Navigating? Google is On Your Side!
If you visit the Parade of Homes on http://hancockmsmyhome.com, you will notice that there is an interactive Google map of all the listings. If you touch one of the pins on that map while on your phone, it will pull up a dialogue box with the address and a photo. Below the photo, there is a red stripe with a little white diamond with an arrow in it. If you touch the arrow, it will pull up turn-by-turn directions that will navigate you right to the next home. Please note that this works best with the Google Maps app, so we recommend downloading and installing this free app on your phone before you start!
4. Some Listings Have Changed.
The real estate market in Hancock County is so hot it’s on fire right now! As a result, 11 of the original listings sold prior to the tour! There is a supplemental corrections sheet available at every participating home. The current list is also posted at http://hancockmsmyhome.com.
5. The Grand Prize Drawing Will Be July 23rd at Lazy Gator.
We have a fabulous grand prize worth over $3,800 with everything you need to set up your new home! Everyone who registers for the Parade of Homes will be entered in the drawing, and will get an additional entry at each home toured. The drawing will be held on Thursday, July 23rd at Lazy Gator Sports Bar & Steamer in Diamondhead. We will host a dutch treat get-together there starting at 5:30 p.m. and draw between 5:30 and 7:30 p.m.